I think this picture is worth 1000 words, but I do not believe that there is a more hands on dad than Luke and Joshua's dad. Besides helping to take care of everything from making breakfast, changing diapers, doing laundry (there has not been a stain that he could not get out), bringing the boys to visit me at school, packing lunches, taking the boys to every activity I find for them to do during the days, putting the boys down for naps, and reading ten books to each of them a day...and did I mention how many Lincoln log homes, Lego garages, cars, and baby dolls Dad has played with. Oh - and the horsie rides that just make the boys giggle with delight. Seriously, I could go on and on because I do believe that Joshua and Luke are the luckiest boys this side of town. Their dad's energy seems endless, and he would do anything for either of these boys. Eric - thanks so much for the good care you take of these boys every day. It definitely makes it easier for me to go to work every day knowing the boys are in such good care.
Joshua and Luke's dad has been filling the hummingbird feeder every couple of days. We all love to sit in the living room and watch the hummingbirds come to the feeder right by the window. I did not know the hummingbirds would come right up to the window to eat while we were sitting on the couch. It has been so much fun to watch.
Father's Day was a great day to celebrate the dad's in our lives. We are very lucky to have Papa Mort (Eric's dad) who comes over every week for one day to spend time with the boys. The boys have gotten to know him so good over the last few years. They usually start each day with a visit to the St. Louis Bread Company, and each visit usually involves a long walk at the park. What a treasure it is seeing them spend time together. We all really love him.
Papa Ed is such a treasure, too. He is truly the most generous man I have ever known. We did not get to see him this weekend because he was not feeling well. Please keep him (and Sandy) in your prayers. We will see him soon.
We also spent time a lot of time thinking about Grandpa Al, my dad. We went to Jefferson Barracks yesterday. That is such a beautiful place. I have also been working on a slide show of pictures of his life. I try to talk about my dad a lot to Joshua and Luke since Joshua only knew my dad from visits to the nursing home. It makes me sad to know that my dad never got to see my beautiful boys. (He was not able to see for the last few years.) But I would tell my dad about each boy's special features so that he could try to imagine them. And I do believe that Grandpa Al is with us every day looking out for my boys and enjoying his time once again ~ able to walk, sing, and play, and tell jokes . From looking at the slide show, Joshua caught the true essence of my dad when he said, "Grandpa Al really liked to be silly and make people laugh, didn't he? And he must have loved animals, especially dogs." Yes, Joshua got it. Happy Father's Day to all the dads!
No comments:
Post a Comment