Dearest Joshua and Luke,
There have been many firsts this week. We had Joshua's first parent teacher conference. I will try not to brag here, but highlights of the discussion include:
Joshua's favorite interest center - Joshua loves to create a variety of structures using blocks and manipulatives. He also loves the art center. He is so creative.
Joshua's strengths: Language (We have known that since you were 9 months old!) Besides knowing 25 letters and 14 sounds, Joshua is able to sound out and label pictures in his journal. Joshua has well developed fine motor skills. Joshua creates a lot of patterns. Joshua is a social and kind boy - ALWAYS thinking of others and always verbalizing feelings in appropriate and acceptable ways. Joshua is always thinking and problem solving.
Needless to say, we are very proud of Joshua and his accomplishments at school. Joshua absolutely loves Miss Vicki as evidenced by seeing her at Trunk or Treat at church. As soon as I said, "Oh, look who is here..Miss Vicki....and you ran to her and gave her the biggest hug. I knew how much you liked her especially at that moment, but also by the way you talk about her each day. It is wonderful to see this, and makes me feel so good that she is your preschool teacher. I have always admired Miss Vicki's positive attitude and enthusiasm for children. It is always obvious to me how much she loves children. I can not think of a better place for you to be at preschool.
Joshua also started Tae Kwon Doe last week. Between seeing you do jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, or recite the creed, it is definitely a lot of firsts. More to come on this. My favorite part this week (and only a mom could love this so much) was in the middle of practice, you looked straight at me, and said, "I love you mom!" Yes, I was beaming in front of all of the other moms.
Luke - you have been quite amazing this week yourself. Between saying your favorite word, "lollipoppy" and how you told Daddy tonight that God loved you so much that he sent Jesus, his son, to die for you....wow....you are an amazing little guy. You are such a trooper while you have been sick this week, too. You want to be so independent and so many things for yourself. And you always want to help. You are always so thoughtful, too. Each time you open a piece of your Halloween candy, you look at us and say, "No nuts, no egg?" to make sure that you are eating safe candy for your brother. You thought you were pretty cute wearing mommy's boot around the house tonight. And yes, I think you were.
Remember that mama and daddy will always love you!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment