Thursday, August 25, 2011

Can You Guess This Riddle?

Luke's 1st day in the Blue Room.
Dear Joshua and Luke,

What do these groups of things have in common?

Group 1

 * an empty roll of scotch tape
 * refrigerator magnet from Children's Hospital
 * purple beaded necklace from homecoming parade
 * green mechanical pencil
 * one quarter and one dime
 * twelve inch American flag





Group 2

 * 1 Oral B and 1 Colgate toothbrush (unopened)
 * one beaded bracelet made at preschool earlier in the day
 * one airplane glider
 * one Hardees Kids Meal toy - motorcycle
 * one McDonald's Happy Meal toy - gingerbread man chain driven watch

I am sure that you are about to guess, but I will tell you.  All of these things were given to me by both of you as presents when I arrived home this week.  As I came home from work on Tuesday, Group 2 was waiting for me as a present.  On Thursday, Group 1 was waiting for me as a present.  Both of you came running up to me ~ so excited to give me this present.  Group two was given to me in a plastic ZipLoc bag with "to mom" written on it with a Sharpie marker.  Group one was given to me in a plastic Wal-Mart bag.  You both were so excited to give me these presents.  It made me so happy to see your smiling faces looking at me as I walked through the door.  You both planted several kisses on my cheek and hugged me until you were so tired you had to let go.  You both made me feel extra happy and loved tonight.  I LOVE these moments.



Joshua - Class of 2022 &
Luke - Class of 2024
at the new high school - AMAZING!!!!

Here are other moments from the week that I LOVED:

Luke had his first week of preschool.  We spent a lot of time mentally preparing Luke.  At the beginning of the summer, he was pretty adamant that he was going to Miss Pam's class again for the next year.  Luke woke up Monday morning so excited to go to school.  He got ready for school fairly quickly, and as ready to go.  Daddy dropped him off at school, and I was very excited to pick him up.  Of course, I arrived early and peeked at him through the window.  He was playing at the sensory table with another sweet girl.  Then, they ended the day by singing, "The Green Grass Grows All Around."  Luke was adorable making the hand motions and singing along.  When I picked Luke up, he was a chatter box about the day.  He told me about the boy who yelled at Miss Vicki.  That really bothered him.  He told me about riding the bikes and trying to play everything at recess. He was most excited to tell me, "Mom, I did not even cry today!"  And I was really proud of him.  He is growing up so much! 

Dr. Mike and Luke - Open wide!
Luke also had his first official dentist visit with Dr. Mike.  Luke's teeth looked great.  In fact, both boys' teeth looked great!  I am so proud of them both.  Both of you are mostly petty good about brushing your teeth.  It paid off with an awesome visit!  It is always good to see Dr. Mike, too.  He is friendly, and super nice to both of you.   You both chose to go to Red Robin for lunch and peach picking in the afternoon to celebrate the good reports!







I love you both to the moon and back and back again!

Love,

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment