| Luke & Joshua in front of their prayer table. |
Let's talk a little about church this week. This week you are both starting back with Catechises of the Good Shepherd Classes also known as the Atrium. This will be the third year for Joshua and the second year for Luke. This is considered early education for young children in the Catholic Church. A few years back when we were struggling with the idea of the benefits of Catholic School verses attending public school where mommy works, we were introduced to the Catechises of the Good Shepherd program. This is basically a hands-on, Montessori style program for young children in the Catholic church. I know that both of you have benefited from it. First, it gave them an early start to their Catholic education which was important to mommy and daddy. Also, the Montessori approach worked so well for both of my active boys! All of the adults that work in this program are volunteers, too. I think this is where I may want to volunteer when I retire (many years from now).
This program has impacted our lives so much. We have a prayer table set up at our house similar to the one at the Atrium. While I wish I could say that we use the prayer table on a daily basis, I can not. It is in a central location in our house. We often find prayer objects and other things to go on our table. Both of you like to hear bible stories from the children's bible. I feel like you both have a solid understanding that Jesus is the shepherd who watches over all of us ~ his little lambs. You also both have an understanding of the seasons ~ the four seasons of summer, spring, etc. as well as the four seasons at church ~ green for the growing season, white for celebration, purple for preparation, and red for Pentecost.
| Peek-a-boo!!!! Joshua on our leaf walk near the timber in our backyard. |
In the meantime, I hope your dad and I are good role models for you. I hope that you continue to see us growing in our faith. I hope that you see us taking care of the most vulnerable in our society - the poor, older people, the unborn, young children, etc. I want us to be examples for both of you. I want you to continue to talk openly about the father, the son, and the holy spirit with us. And of course ~ I have so much room for improvement to be a better disciple of Jesus. I know I am a work in progress, but I also want to give you hope.
| Luke & Joshua heading into the timber from our backyard! |
I love you to the moon and back and back again.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment