Saturday, March 24, 2012

March ........ In With A Lamb


Best Buds at Principia College Elsa, IL
Dear Joshua and Luke,

Last Sunday we spent a special day with Aunt Laura, Papa's sister, Daddy's godmother, and your Great Aunt.  We see Aunt Laura in church each time we go to church with Grammy, but this was an extra special day because we got to spend the whole day with her.  We had planned hiking Monk's Mound, but we quickly made a detour to Pere Marquette after we found Cahokia's Mound to be closed.  Aunt Laura was so easy going about it. The boys enjoyed getting to know her on a more personal level, and so did I.  Even though we make the trek to Pere Marquette several times a year, it is never boring and never the same.  Joshua enjoyed playing checkers with Papa and Grammy.  Luke enjoyed playing Jumbo Towers with Daddy.  It was a special day.





Joshua & Papa planning their next move in Checkers!
Luke & Daddy building a tower.  Aunt Laura is close
by cheering on these builders.


 
This week I was able to attend the Atrium with you, too.  I miss going each week and keeping up on what you are learning.  Last year I was very blessed to have the time to volunteer every week in the program.  This year I have class when you are both attending, but I am so proud of you.  Joshua enjoyed showing me God's creation, basically a timeline in the world's history.   He has been working with his classmates on this for a while.  Luke enjoys setting up the prayer table at home and listening to bible stories and praying. 




This is a great experience for both boys.  We have been very lucky to learn that Joshua will be able to stay with this group through completing his first communion next year.  It is very difficult for me to believe that Joshua will be preparing for his first communion next year. 




Joshua showing one page from
My Amazing Dog!


This week we also had the pleasure of attending the Youth Author's program at Joshua's school.  Joshua has been working on writing his book for almost two months!  We finally got to see the book today, and it was well worth the wait.  Joshua wrote the book about My Amazing Dog, Onyx ~ everything from how we got her to the day to day things with her.  It was a great story, and the illustrations were awesome!  Joshua was so proud to read his book to us (and many other parents).  It was fun listening to the other children read their stories to us.  We are really proud of the work Joshua does at school. 



Luke and Joshua both insisted this weekend that I buy them a "blank book" from the teacher store so they could each write a book.  How could I say no? (They do know how to get what they want a lot of the time!)   Luke immediately started drawing and writing about Aang, the Avatar, the Last Airbender.  Everything seems to focus on this series that both boys discovered on Apple TV.  More on this another time.  Joshua started a book called, "Joshua's Mind Book" in which he can write about everything that is on his mind.  Two clever boys, don't you think? 

I love you both to the moon and back and back again.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment