Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Luckiest Mom In The World!!!

Dearest Joshua and Luke,

Most moms will tell you that that they are the luckiest and that they are blessed. I am certainly no different! But I do think I am THE luckiest mom in the whole world! You two boys mean the world to me, and I love being your mom more than anything in the whole world! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

There are an infinite number of reasons why I love you being you mom, but here are five off the top of my head.
Two cuties with new haircuts ~




Thanks, Miss Sara!

1. You give the best Mother's Day gifts. This year Luke gave me a drawing, listing three reasons why I am the best mom. 1. I take you to guitar lessons. 2. I put you to sleep with your bear. 3. I take you on special dates. Joshua made a beautiful card for me. He also gave me a darling flower that I will be able to keep forever.

2. I love the joy you have added to our family. You two are so much fun! You both add love, laughter, life, sweetness, etc. to our family. There is always magic and life in our home.

3. You two love the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. You seek to learn more about Him every day. I am so proud of you and all that you already know about our church.

4. I love watching you two while you sleep. Just as I did when you were babies, I still like to watch you sleep. Joshua usually falls asleep in about one minute (sometimes less) from the time that your head hits the pillow.  Luke usually takes two to three minutes. He lays still for about one minute. He flips over to the other side, and falls asleep in the next minute or two. Both of you play hard and work each day. You are always tired at night. You definitely need your sleep. I love watching you both, looking like sweet angels.

Joshua in action!
5. I love when you ask me to tell you stories...Some of your favorites are Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Snow White, the story of the Star Spangled Banner, the sinking of the Titanic... You both like to hear these stories over and over again.  And you are always asking to add more stories to your list.  I love how you look at me with intent eyes and you always do your best job of listening when I am storytelling.
 
Thank you both very much For the most wonderful Mother's Day! We went to church Saturday evening at the church where Daddy and I were married and where both of Aunt Amy's children (your cousins Isaac and Levi) were baptized. Daddy was baptized, and attended school and church there.  It is where Daddy attended church there as a child. It was a nice mass. This church always has a special place in our heart. Both of you love being home and playing. You could stay home and play all day every day if you were able to.



We had a lazy morning. Joshua got up first and was anxious to pray the rosary together. I was so honored that he asked me to do this! Of course, I had to look up the mysteries before we started. Thank goodness for the Internet! It gave information about the mysteries and the prayers. What great way to spend Mother's Day! We watched TV and ate a late breakfast. You both went outside and rode bikes. Neighborhood friends came over for popsicles and to ride bikes. Later in the day Grammy and Papa came over and had dinner with us. Daddy grilled chicken for us, and Grammy made the best strawberry pie ever. Strawberry pie is my favorite! We ended the day with a baseball game at the city park.  Joshua did a great job slamming the ball for his team!  Luke had fun playing Avatar and running around with his good friend, Levi. A good day was had by all!  :) 

Friends Levi & Luke

I love you both more today than I did yesterday.

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment