Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day Fun!

Dearest Joshua and Luke,

Labor Day began with breakfast in bed this year.  What a pleasant surprise!  As we woke up on Monday morning, we both heard the scampering of little feet.  We knew the boys were up to something.  It was truly a surprise when we opened our eyes to find that each of us had a big bowl of Raisin Bran and two Dixie cups of water.  Both of you jumped in our bed and shouted, "Happy Labor Day!  Thank you for working every day!"  That was definitely my first Labor Day surprise!

So what started out as a lazy day.....sleeping in till 7:30 am, breakfast in bed, coffee and tea (Yes, I like both in the morning.)  ended up with fun at Incredible Pizza. The boys love going there for a yummy pizza buffet and games afterward.  It was a bonus that we were able to go with one of our most favorite families! 

Laser Tag Champs






You both played laser tag for the very first time.  What fun!  Luke was a little apprehensive at first, but it only took him about ten seconds into the maze before he realized how fun it actually was!  Eric and Joshua played laser tag about ten more times while Luke and I wandered around playing other games. 








The boys are loving school this year.  More on that soon, but here are two conversations from the week:

Joshua:  "Today I learned how to tell directions, mom!"
Mom:  "What kind of directions?"
Joshua:  "North, south, east and west."
Mom:  "How do you remember which is which?"
Joshua:  "All I have to remember is 'Never Eat Soggy Pancakes.' "
Mom:  "What?  Can you repeat that?"
Joshua:  "Oh wait!  I mean waffles!  Never Eat Soggy Waffles!"




Luke makes me laugh often.  I love his
costume with the guitar!


Joshua:  "Did you bring home the bread today, mom?"
Mom:  "Bread?"
Joshua:  "Yes, did you bring home the bread, like money, today, Mom?"
After a chuckle, I broke into song, "I can bring home the bacon.....fry it up in  a pan...."  I will spare you the rest of this song and your image of me singing it, but it was fun.  I told Joshua I would have to find the commercial clip on You Tube for him.  I love Joshua so much, but I really like him, too. He is a funny guy!

I love you both more than infinity!

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment