It has been a long time since all of us went on vacation with Daddy’s siblings and their families, but we did it! We all met at Uncle Luke’s house, and ventured to Moab, UT the next day. We spent our first day at Arches National Park. What an amazing place! Arches everywhere! The next day was spent at Canyonlands. I stayed home to get caught up on some work, but Canyonlands proved to be a lot of fun for all of you, too.
We went to church in Moab the day we arrived. It was a small, quaint Catholic Church. We really liked the priest. He reminded us of an important lesson that I have not thought about in a while. It was Pentecost Sunday, He talked about how we are taught to breathe deeply to calm down. He reminded us to “breathe in the holy spirit” when we most need it. I have been trying to remember that this week. It has been relaxing, but things always come up to remind yourself to take it easy on yourself.
One highlight of the trip was renting a UTV for a drive through the mountains along the Colorado River. I am not sure who had more fun - you or Dad. I was a little nervous - ok, a lot nervous - about the whole ride from beginning to end. You both seemed to like at a lot. I am glad I tried it because I have learned that I will never do it again. But at least I have tried it, and I know enough to make an informed decision about it. One afternoon was spent at the local swimming pool and
Another day was spent in Silverton, CO and Ouray, CO. It was another gorgeous drive through the mountains and along the Million Dollar Highway! The sights were spectacular. We spent the morning at a Gold Mine in Silverton. You went inside the mine and learned about being a miner. The most fun was panning for gold, copper, and ore when you came out. Each of you found a small bag of gems!
![]() |
| Had to have a snowball fight in the snow! |
We spent the afternoon shopping in Ouray and taking in the local culture. We finished with dinner at Maggie O’s and a long drive back to Moab.
It was wonderful to spend another great vacation with the cousins. Who knows when we will be able to do it again? The cousins are growing up! I was glad that they were able to spend the night in the same room. The only concerns were not enough outlets for all of the electronics and making sure that beds got rotated so the guys did not have to stay every night on the floor.
We were all glad to get home after being away for ten days. It was a blessing that Bella got to stay with the Haas family, She also got to stay at a new boarding place and daycare. She seemed to enjoy herself. Luke requested that they send pictures and give updates to us almost daily, They also posted a video on their web page. It was fun thinking about Bella with friends and having so much fun. She was glad when we finally picked her up, and I know we were thrilled to see her again!
I love you both more today than yesterday.
Love,
Mom









No comments:
Post a Comment