Dear Joshua and Luke,
You may find it strange for me to talk about marriage at such a young age, but I have a few thoughts to share with you on his topic. You have heard me say a million times that you can not start dating girls until you are 30, so I guess that means marriage comes after at least 31 or 32 years of age. Ha! Ha! I know...crazy....especially since your dad and I got married at 20 and 24 years old.
Marriage is one of the hardest things in the
world that I have ever done, but having said that it is also the best. I want you to know that marriage is a huge commitment. Marriage is something that you must spend a lot of time thinking about and making sure that you are committing to the right person. Marriage is something that is entered in through church and your love of God. And have I said that marriage is a lot of work? 
In these pictures, we are all celebrating your great Aunt Jane and Uncle Joe's 50th wedding anniversary, this week your grammy and papa are celebrating their 46th wedding anniversary, next month is Papa Ed and Nana's 26th wedding anniversary, and your dad and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary earlier this year. So weddings and marriage are on my mind. You can see that your family has a long history of long marriages. Grandpa Al and Grandma Nichols were married 47 years, too. I have a lot more to say about this, but I will save some for next week or another post.
This has been an extremely long week, but there is so much more I could say....:Luke had a special day with Grammy complete with a trip on the Metrolink, a special breakfast and lunch together, watching planes at the airport, and much more. You had such a special day. And Luke is telling us when he has to poop a lot of the time now. This is such a milestone for him. Both boys have been spending more time inside with the cooler weather. Allergies have been terrible, and we have been using the nebulizer 3-4 times a day. I will write more soon.
I love you both tons and tons ~ and please know that you are the best thing to come from our marriage!!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment