| The guys making sand art together. |
This has been a difficult last couple of weeks as you have been preparing for your best friends to move. We have known it was coming for the last few weeks, but today was the day I know that we are all feeling sad, but we have to keep in mind that this is not a goodbye forever, but a goodbye just until we see you again. And we will see these friends again. I am sure of that. We will visit these friends and I am certain they will come here too. I am sure that you will write letters, Skype, and I am sure that you will be friends for the rest of your lives.
| Best Buddies! |
| Levi and Luke watrching a movie together. |
Tonight after they left, Luke said, "I wish we never would have met them.". In his mind, I am sure that seemed like a better option than to feel the pain of a friend moving away, but I explained to him.....if we had never met them, our life the last two years would have been really different. Joshua was especially sad at school this week. Eating lunch at the peanut-free table was not quite the same. But each day is getting a little better, and we are hoping to Skype really soon! Luke is having a little more difficult time. He says he is going to walk to their new house, which is hundreds of miles away! He misses them so much, too. I continue to explain them that I understand. Their mommy, my friend, moved away, too.
So yet another lesson in life. Friends do come in and out of your life. And you have different friends at different stages of your life. But some friends are keepers! And I hope that these are friends that we will have for the rest of our lives, whether they are near or far away. With Facebook, Skype, road trips, email, and phones - I think we will have lifelong friendships here. And I do think we will be able to visit them from time to time.
| One of their favorite things - making crafts! |
I do wish that I could take away your sadness right now. But I also know that you will get through this, and you will be OK. In fact, I think our life has been blessed by knowing them, and getting the opportunity to live near them, and getting to know them as long as we did.
I love you both way more today than I did yesterday.
Love,
Mama
I, too, miss my friends from the past. But I do enjoy keeping in contact with them via the internet. I'll say a special prayer for your family!
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet,Carol! Thanks! I am sure you are missed by many here! But such a happy life for you where you are now! :)
Delete