![]() |
| Bella |
We started the new year with adding a new family member - Bella! Bella is so sweet! She was three months old, adorable, and so much fun!
Dad and I have been talking about getting a dog for a few months. It was a big step and nothing we planned on taking lightly. We both agreed that our boys needed a dog. It was a matter of figuring out the best time. Dad and I learned that there really wasn't a best time. So I started looking at web sites for a shih Tzu puppy. One of my school friends, Miss Sheryl, helped me to locate several puppies to look at. We kept looking at the puppies at this one site. I asked questions. More questions. But we never really committed to getting one yet. Then, one Sunday, the last Sunday before we returned to school from Christmas break, we woke up and Dad said, "See if they still have have the dog. If they do, let's go get it!"
I did not waste any time in calling! they still had two of the three shih Tzu puppies! With an hour we were on our way! We stopped at Wal-mart to pick up a crate for her! Four hours later we arrived in this small town in Missouri. This farm was way off the beaten path. We found there were two puppies, Bell and Noel. Both were so cute! We sat on the floor to play with them and Bell immediately came over looking for some love and attention. Noel was a little more shy. We felt like Bell chose us so we decided to bring her home. It was a tough decision as I really wanted us to consider Noel as well. Their sister, Holly, went to her new hom the day before so I was certain that Noel would soon have her new family. There was a Maltese puppy waiting for a new home and some mommy dogs to keep her company as well.
It was a long drive home. We wanted to play with Bell and get to know her, but she stayed in the crate for the whole ride (except for a quick potty break at a rest stop). We pulled into Petsmart at about 6:40 pm, and realized they closed at 7 pm! We did some fast shopping. We bought food and water dishes, a collar, a chew toy, a gate, and some dog treats. All of the essentials we thought she should need.
On the way home we first decided to keep her name, Bell. Both of you liked the idea because you had heard so much about our sweet little Isabelle. Isabelle was our apricot toy poodle that we had for 14 years. She was our little baby. Dad and I loved her so much. She passed away about five months after Joshua was born. She had a lot of medical issues, but we loved her so much! She was pure joy to be around.
Luke and I called her "Bella," and it just seemed to stick with her. Before the night was over, we were all calling her "Bella." She wandered around our house a little, excited I see everything. At night, she slept in her create. Dad and I took turns taking her outside to the bathroom. We know we are in for a whole new kind of fun with Bella. She is sweet, playful, and very smart.
Fast forward four weeks, and she is in her third week of obedience training. She goes to the bathroom almost every time we take her outside. We have to start teaching her to tell us when she needs to go outside. She is in a good routine. She plays with her toys a lot. She loves the outdoors and walking around the neighborhood with the boys. She has brought a lot of joy to our house and our lives. We can't wait for more adventures with her.
I love you both more today than I did yesterday.
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment