Dearest Joshua and Luke,
I know there are so many things that you love about kindergarten. I think that you love it as much as I did as a child, and probably for many of the same reasons. Let me tell you about how I remember kindergarten.
My kindergarten teacher's name was Mrs. Gurr. She was one of the nicest ladies that I ever remember. I only attended half day kindergarten - that was the only option when I was a little girl. I remember resting some of the time. I also remember all of the blow up letter people that surrounded the classroom. "I wish I could meet one of them - especially Tall Tooth or Horrible Hairy. They must be real." I remember Mrs. Gurr walking us out to buses, and matching the color on my name tag to the color in the window of the bus. I also remember getting into trouble only once. I was sitting next to Mindy Mufflin during storytime. We were giggling about something, and we both got sent back to our chairs. "I will never do that again," I was thinking - and I do not think I ever did. I was a very shy child - following rules and doing the right thing was always important to me. I loved school, and I never wanted to miss a day...at least until high school. :)
Joshua - You are so lucky at our school to have the top teachers anywhere, but especially kindergarten teachers. Any of the teachers would have been great for you, but we are very pleased that you have the teacher you have. She is one of the kindest, most patient teachers I know. She will do anything to help a child or a parent!!!!
I can not believe all that you have to learn in the full day program. You still have rest time which is definitely not your most favorite time of the day. But you do like looking at books during this time or listening to music during this time. Your favorite parts of the day are lunch and recess. You do not ever want to miss school - you might miss out on something fun. Reading is very easy for you. You are reading Reading Counts books and earning points. (I do not think I really started reading until first grade. ) You have reading, math, and you are writing like crazy. I can read most anything that you write. Your teacher thinks that you are going to grow up to do something with history. She said that non-fiction seems to be your favorite at school. That sort of explains your interest in Dr. Martin Luther King lately. On our day off on Monday, you insisted that we watch TV shows that discussed Dr. King. You chose Dr. King on the history channel over the Backyardigans! Your teacher is definitely one of the most patient, kind, and conscientious teacher I know. She is willing to do whatever it takes to help you be successful - and you are!!!!!
SNOW ANGELS!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!
I will leave you with your puppet show made of the sock puppets that we made yesterday. Luke is the blue flower and Joshua is the butterfly.
I love you to the moon and back and back again.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment