| Uncle Luke, Aunt Lisa, Elsa, Luke, Joshua, Ethan, Isaac, Aunt Amy, Levi, and Great Aunt Meg |
The boys just got back from the first boys' family vacation with the Litteken's. Eric took the boys to Hilton Head, SC for a week with Uncle Luke and his family, and Aunt Amy and her boys. Even though we planned this trip several months ago, I was very apprehensive with your leaving without me. This was the first time that we weren't together since I had Luke, and I was in the hospital for four days. I used the time to get caught up at work (just for the record, I still am not caught up, but I am further ahead). So yes I spent a lot of time at work, late evenings and the weekends, but I had a lot of fun meeting with Susy Q one day after school for catch up time with her. I spent time organizing and cleaning out the closets, the office, and other things around the house. I enjoyed the time to work around the house with some things that seem next to impossible when you are both around. :) I felt so much at peace knowing how much fun you were having with your cousins. Time with my cousins was some of my best memories from childhood. I think those will be some of your best memories, too.
One conversation that I had with Luke went like this: Dad: "Luke, come and talk to your mom. Quick!" Luke runs over and he's out of breath as he gets on the phone. "Mom, I am picking up shells, but I love you!" I told him to run back and get some more shells.
| The boys at a lighthouse at Hilton Head |
My conversation with Joshua went like this: Joshua: "Mom, I had so much fun at the beach today. I am laying down, and I still feel the waves." With that, he was asleep in the next breath.
It was so much fun to see you both and to hear of your marvelous stories about the vacation. I really missed you both and daddy soooo much! Luke could not wait to show me all of his seashells, and tell me about each one. Joshua liked telling me about the petting zoo that his cousins set up....starfish, frogs, and hermit crabs in sand pails. You could pet them all for a mere 25 cents. At least Joshua made a quarter - even if it was from cousin Elsa!
The boys also had an opportunity to visit with Aunt Meg, Grammy's sister, and Uncle Don. We do not get to see them very often so they all talked about how great it was to see them.
Your first full day home with me was terrific. I loved the extra hugs and the few extra kisses that I got from you both. Joshua even made up a song complete with it's own melody and words to the song about how great of a mom I was. It was precious. I would include it here, but I do not think anyone would appreciate it as much as I did. We also watched Joshua play a double header in t-ball. What fun for us all.
| All of the cousins with Great Aunt Meg at the beach house where they all stayed. |
I love you both more today than I did yesterday!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment