Friday, May 27, 2011

The School Year Ends and Summer Begins!!!

Daddy and Luke at the beach at Hilton Head, SC.
Dear Joshua and Luke,

The end of the school year has been so much fun, but I can not believe that Joshua is officially a first grader.  Joshua excelled in kindergarten more than I ever imagined.  I am so proud of him.  He made friends with just about everyone in the whole kindergarten, and then some.  And his reading is unbelievable!  He can sound out almost any word!  And he can read very well!  Writing is a cinch, too.  I can read almost anything he writes, and he spells like a champ.  Life is good for Joshua, and I am so proud of him.  The other day he told me that he had a lot of friends at school and that a lot of people knew him.  I asked him why he thought he was so special, and he said because I was his mom.  I quickly explained to him that it was absolutely not true.  I told him that people knew him and liked him because he was so outgoing and friendly to everyone.  I do not want you to think that you are special because of me.  You are special because of all of your wonderful qualities mentioned above and many more. 

Joshua debuting as Diver #2 in the
production of the Deep Blue Sea.
Luke has been a gem this week, too.  He is such a rule follower most of the time.  Rules and routines are very important to him.  He also remembers so much of what people say.  I can not believe that Luke will be in preschool next year.  He will do the same type of preschool that Joshua did.  Luke will thrive with Miss Vicki.  She is so patient and sweet with children.  Luke will love the crafts, journal writing, and art and Spanish.  He will love everything about preschool, too.  I know he will make new friends, too. 

Here is Joshua in his school play.  He was originally assigned the part of a narrator, but he did not want that part because he wanted to dress up in a costume. So....he was assigned as diver #2.  I was so proud of him for singing louder than everyone, and slow so that everyone could understand him.  He wants to try out for a play at Lookingglass Playhouse, but I do not think I am ready for that yet.  He is very talented, but we will see.....Joshua has so many interests and only so much time to pursue these things. 

Joshua waiting for the ball.
Here is Joshua at his t-ball game.  I truly think that t-ball is his least favorite sport, but he still likes to participate because it is always fun to do things with friends.  The highlight of the game for him is drinking out of the coaches huge water container and sliding into home plate. 

There is so much to look forward to this summer ~ two vacations, mom being home for almost ten weeks, the library program, swimming at the most fun pool in the area, Boot camp and crafts in town, movies and not to mention the staying up late, playing outside in the yard all day, the sandbox, the trampoline....I could go on and on.  Summer will be a fun time for our family. 

I love you both more today than I did yesterday.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment