Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kids Say the Cutest Things

Luke and mom


Dearest Joshua and Luke,

I wish I had time each day to write down the things that you two say.  Your words make me smile each and every day.  Here are a few conversations from the week:

Joshua and I were discussing why schools were not hiring so many teachers this year.  I explained to him that many school were having a difficult time paying their bills because the state of Illinois is not paying for the schools.  Joshua says, "Mom, I have a great idea!  Why don't you and Mr. B have more skating parties, then you can pay the schools bills and hire more teachers!"  Oh dear, I wonder how many skating parties it would take........

Joshua says this morning, "Mom, I do not want to go to first grade next year." After much discussion, Joshua says, "Mom, I am going to miss Mrs. H (his kindergarten teacher) so much."  Awwwww..... I know you will, but you will surely have an awesome first grade teacher, too."  Awwww........ I am glad that he loves her so much.

Luke says, "Mom, I love you so much!  I will love you even when I am in heaven."

Joshua taking a picture of himself.
Luke says, "Mom, you are beautiful!  You are my beauty!"

On most school days, Sarah takes the boys to school, but once or twice a week, I take Joshua with me.  He likes to eat breakfast in my office and watch the buses pull up to school while I am getting ready or my day.  Sometimes I leave the office to take care of things around the school.   On those days, Joshua usually leaves me a note on my daily planner.  It usually says, "I love you, Mom!"  or "See you at lunch, Mom."  Those few words make my day when I come back to my office.     What a sweetie!

I love you both more today that I did yesterday.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment