Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Joshua!

Happy birthday 4 year old Joshua! It is so hard to imagine that Joshua is four years old today. As cliche as it sounds, it truly seems like Joshua was born just a short time ago. I reminisced with Eric about the day Joshua was born. I can barely remember the details of the 24 hours of labor before the doctor and I deciding that a c-section was in everyone's best interests. What I most remember is seeing Joshua for the very first time, and being amazed at how beautiful he was. His thick, black hair, bright eyes, and every feature of his little body was amazing to me. I remember holding him in my arms for the first time, and being surprised at how comfortable he felt in my arms It still brings tears to my eyes to think about that moment in time....a moment that changed my life forever. And not a moment has gone by that I have not thought of him at every waking moment. I thank God for making me a mom every day for it is definitely the best thing I have ever done in my life.

Joshua - My advice to you today on your fourth birthday is to most importantly keep you love and zest for life. You are the smartest child I have ever known (and I am not prejudiced, and please know that some of these comments apply to your brother, Luke, too). You have a kind heart and a sweet demeanor. You really want to be everyone's friend, and I love that about you, too. Please keep talking, asking questions and try figuring out why and how everything happens. You will be something great some day, but most importantly, you will always be my baby...just kidding sort of...you will always be my favorite oldest son. I love you to the moon and back and back again, Joshua!

By the way, Joshua spent his fourth birthday with his two favorite cousins in Minnesota. He spent the day on Uncle Luke's boat, playing in the water. We ate pizza and decorated the cupcakes that you see in the picture. It was a fun day. Aunt Lisa began the special day with balloons hanging in the kitchen when Joshua woke up in the morning. According to Joshua, "It was the best birthday I ever had." Yes, in your whole long four years of life, dear son. It was an extra special birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment