Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yes - New Format - July 16, 2009

I am changing things a bit as I have explained in my blog title and profile. I had an idea of writing a book called "Letters to Joshua" a few years ago (Luke was not here, yet!) , but never seriously pursued it. So here is an attempt to write some letters to my two amazing boys. As strange as it sounds, I envisioned having a way to tell them important life things in the slightest instance that I was not here to do that. Sorry if that sounds weird, but it is something I think about every day. I want to be here, happy and healthy, until I am really old so that I can see my kids and their kids grow up, but I have also learned that it does not always happen that way.

Dearest Joshua and Luke,

Let me begin with a movie clip of Joshua. Joshua was in the bathroom checking out his hair, and getting ready for the day when I heard this beautiful song that I had never heard before coming from Joshua. I asked him to come out and sing it again which he did beautifully. Come to find out this song was one of the 20 sings on Luke's IPOD. (No, it is not a real IPOD, but I think he likes it because it is a lot like mine.) Joshua - I do really hope that you keep this innocence and sweetness about you. You often belt out a song and sing your heart out - often times with songs you have made up yourself or songs with rhyming, nonsense words. Luke is often concerned that he is not getting something that Joshua is getting so let me include Luke's rendition of the "Sing, Sing" song. It is darling, too (of course), and includes Luke's newest dance moves which he loves to include in his vocal performances. (The words to the song are as follows: "Sing, Sing, The gang's all here. Never mind the weather. Here we are together. " ~Then repeat many times.) These performances are dedicated to Nana - especially because Joshua was acting shy and would not sing it to Nana on the telephone. Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Jose's very first post: That was very entertaing Josh & Luke. I finally got to see you boys on video, what a treat. How about an encore Part 3 THE DUET? I will be calling real soon to set up my upcoming Holiday (British term for vacation) for Uncle Jose's first visit; to see you boys for the very first time. And to see mom and dad in a very, very long time. This Holiday is a long time coming it will be special for me. I can't wait! By the way our conversations over the phone are a lot of fun. I get a kick out of you guys. You have such a great sense of humor at such a young age. I am so proud of you both. Keep up the great work. I am happy you boys enjoy the birds when they sing. I got an iPhone 3GS on Fri 19 Jun 09, on my dads 83rd birthday. May GOD rest his soul. I will email or post a video and photo with my iPhone when I learn to mms or download to my computer, of your cousins Niki (named after a character that Madonna played in a movie called "Who's That Girl" and Angel (he received his name cause he's an albino, all white from head to tail) they are the cocketiels. Juan Pablo (named in honor of Pope John Paul the II) and Luna (spanish for moon he has some mint green flight feathers) they are the budges (parakeets). Oh by the way you have two more cousins they are my foster kittens. They are named BO (an acronym of Barack Obama our fantastic President) and Miracle (received his name cause he was stuck in the basement ceiling and fell to the concrete floor and survived while he was being rescued from my niece's house) one of GODS little miracles. I will do a video and of them also. BO was about two weeks old and Miracle was just a few days old when they came to share their life with me and Henry. I had to bottle feed them just like mom and dad had to feed you. Except their bottles are a lot smaller. I will bring one of the kitten bottles I used to nurse them with, to show you how cute and small they are. Oh yes of course I will be bringing some surprise gifts as well. Maybe we can play hide-n-seek? Well adios (goodbye in spanish)for now boys. Love Uncle Jose :0)

    ReplyDelete