This week Joshua attended Orchestra camp with Miss Sarah. We have known Miss Sarah from Shake, Rattle, 'N Roll since Joshua was one years old. I do not think we have missed a music session since then- even when Luke was born.
Each day at Orchestra camp had a different theme. There was conductor day, percussion day, woodwinds day, strings day, and brass day. Each day Joshua came home with a new homemade instrument (and a conductor stick) and many ideas and stories. He especially liked playing the instrument game on the Wi. It was an especially fun week for him. Luke enjoyed the one-on-one time with many of his caregivers. We had shopping and a lunch date one day. Dad brought Luke to meet me for lunch another day while I was working, Papa Mort and Daddy hung out with Luke during one of the days, and much more.
What I really want you to know is that someday you will choose a profession or job. I do not care so much about your choice of jobs, but please make sure about a couple of things....1. Whatever you decide to do ~ be passionate about it. 2. Choose your job based on the gift that God has given you. 3. Do your best at it or giver it your all. 4. If at all possible, make sure that your job helps someone else.
I chose the topic this week for two reasons. One is that I went back to work this week. This has always been a sad time for me because it is so difficult to leave you both at home. Joshua has been such a big boy. He has told me that he is sad that I go back to work, but this time he helped to comfort Luke. On the second morning that I had left to go to work, Luke woke up saying, "Mom, Mama, Mom" with each word getting a little more frustration behind it. Joshua got up and put his arm around Luke and said, "Luke, it'll be OK. Mom had to go to work. She is going to make more money so that we can go to Branson, the Dixie Stampede, and to see our cousins again." Joshua - Thank you so much for helping Dad comfort Luke. You are getting to be so big.
The second reason for the topic this week has to do with Miss Sarah. She is obviously passionate about what she does ~ music and children. I look at her and so much admire the passion she has for her job. I think she is a great example of "being passionate about your job." Once you spend a short time with Miss Sarah, you easily see how much she likes music and kids. She is so knowledgeable about music, and she knows how to talk and relate to children at all different ages. Her enthusiasm for music is infectious. She is a natural teacher. I am pretty sure that she could choose to do many things with her talent, training, and background. However, I am so happy that she has chosen to teach Shake, Rattle, 'N Roll to children for now. I believe that she is a big part as to why you both love music so much. (Thank you, Miss Sarah, for sharing your talent with the boys. )
I love you to the moon and back and back again.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment