Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joshua x 3



Yes, we had three more birthday celebrations for Joshua. Why not celebrate four times for a four year old? When we came back from Minnesota, we took Joshua to the Zoo and Spaghetti Factory for our annual tradition. Joshua had lots of fun seeing the tigers, zebras, bears,and hyenas. He even accidentally pet the stingray. I should have known right away that seeing the stingray exhibit was a daddy thing, but when the zookeeper announced that it was feeding time as we approached Carribean Cove, I knew I was in trouble. I picked up one half of a dead fish with one eye and one piece of a shrimp. I tried hard to appear brave and not totally grossed out by the stingray food, and I think I was fairly successful. The biggest stingray came right up and sucked that shrimp right out of my hand. I only jumped about three inches! Joshua was barely putting his hand in the water, and suddenly one of the stingrays touched him. He splashed the water so hard. It kinda scared him. Luke watched carefully, but did not put his hands anywhere near the water. Luke especially enjoyed the choo choo train ride around the zoo.




The next day we celebrated Joshua's birthday with his preschool friends from Mother's Day Out. Eric bought a 10 child birthday party at McDonald's from a silent auction at my school. I did not like the idea of it in the beginning because most four year olds are not inviting friends to their parties yet, but Eric was convincing as usual. We agreed that we would make it clear that no presents would be brought to the party. And it did not sound like a bad idea since Joshua missed his "school" friends. It was a big success. We even invited our new neighbors whom we just love - Miss Emily, Aidan, Gavin, and Devin. Everyone had tons of fun playing together, and you can see how successful the party was when you see Joshua's tired little face as he fell asleep in his car seat on the way home.







Finally, we had the family party on Tuesday where Grammy, Papa Mort, and Grandma Nichols came to celebrate. This was tons of fun, but more low key than the others. We began the day at the St. Louis Bread Company for coffee and bagels (no coffee for the boys!). This is the usual Tuesday ritual with Eric's parents. We played at the park for a while. Then, the boys played with Daddy and Papa at home before taking a pretty decent nap. I picked up Grandma Nichols before the party began. Daddy grilled a feast for us. We had cupcakes (again), and sherbet in sugar bowls for dessert. Notice the "king" crowns on the boys. They had fun making these a day ago just for today's celebration. It was a lot of fun once again. I do not think we will go for five celebrations for a five year old next year, but it was definitely a success this year.



















No comments:

Post a Comment